Mr. V. Brinsely, M.A., M.Phil.
Ms. E.R. Anju, M.A,. M.Phil
Phone : 8903116527 Bia-Data
Ms. P. Bibilin Godmathy, M.A., M.Phil.
Phone : 9688115544 Bia-Data
[/rollover-tab][rollover-tab name=”tab2″ label=”Fecilities”]
Fecilities in the Department
The Department library has an area of 1600 square feet. It has a total of 4176 books and subscribes to 12 journals. The library is open to bona fide scholars from other colleges. Most popular and literary journals available in the college general library are not included in the list.
The Department boasts of a collection of video cassettes of literary classics and CD’s covering a wide range of interests. The multipurpose library hall also serves as the audio visual hall.
One of the earliest in the state, the lab was commissioned in the years 1995. We are now planning to go in for a computerized lab.
[/rollover-tab][rollover-tab name=”tab3″ label=”Student Welfare”]
Slow learners and under performers are identified on the basis of CIA marks and given special coaching by teachers handling the particular subjects.
Class Teacher System
Other effective contribution in the area of student welfare is student counseling and class teacher system. Every teacher is a dedicated counselor and the class teacher system brings all the students of the Department under the direct care of one or other of the faculty members.
Student Feed back
Student feedback is received regularly and systematically. Though maintained confidentially indirect remedies are immediately administered. The feedback is also taken into account in work allocation to teachers.
Portions for CIA Test
For the convenience of the students the portions for each CIA test are informed in the beginning of the semester.
The third BA English students and the PG students will present papers based on their syllabus in their seminar hour.
[/rollover-tab][rollover-tab name=”tab4″ label=”Publications and Programmes”]
1. Scott Light – a biannual publication of the Department in print – ISSNO975-0819
This journal can be traced to the Scott Light published by Prof. Sebatian of the Department of English, Scott Christian College, in 1996 and the Journal of English Studies edited by Prof. A.J. Franklin and Prof. K.B. Sitaramaya in 1978.
2. Scott Journal of English Studies (SJES) – an outline journal awaiting ISSN (First issue launched)
3. Part II English Texts
4. Study Materials
Regular Programmes of the Department
1. SCOTSEM – A Regional Level Seminar for UG students.
2. SCOTNIVAL – Literary Carnival
3. UG and PG Association Meetings
4. Seminars sponsored by UGC / other funding agencies
5. Career Guidance for outgoing students.
6. Scott Literary Society (SLS) – A confluence of literati to discuss the recent trends in literature and to listen to authors and critics.
7. Seminar with paper presentation exclusively for PG students.